This is a great project to do together and will let them personalize their books and show off their personality! You will need a few materials:
Paper Grocery Bag
Markers or Crayons
Pictures or your favorite snack wrappers
1. Cut open the bag and remove the bottom, so the bag looks like a large rectangular sheet of paper.
2. Place your book in the center of the paper.
3. Fold the top of the paper down over the book and make a crease.
4. Fold the bottom of the paper up over the book and make a crease.
5. Remove the book.
6. Fold along the creases, so you have a strip of paper the height of the book.
7. Place the book back on the center of the paper, on top of the folded paper.
8. Fold the left side of the paper over the front of the book and make the left and right ends of the paper even.
9. Fold the overlap over the front cover of the book. Slide the cover into the slot the paper folds have made. Repeat for back cover.
10. If it fits snugly, you’re done! If it’s a little loose, trim it down so it fits or tighten it with a few pieces of tape.
Let your kids personalize their newly covered book with their own drawings, stickers, magazine cutouts (a fun way to recycle old magazines you are done reading) their favorite snack or food wrappers. You can even let them decorate it with their favorite Summer vacation pictures!